First… Confirm your eligibility
To be eligible, I understand…
- 18 years old at the time of appointment or 16 years old with a high school diploma
- United States citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other U.S. territory
- Recent employment history
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
- Residency requirement for background checks
- Safe driving record (if applicable to the position)
- Must be registered with Selective Service if applicable
- Register online and complete a short survey.
- Review the requirements listed on the job posting.
- Complete a live phone interview to assist locate the best position to meet your skills.
- Create a USPS account.
- Prepare for the postal entry level skill assessments.
- Take the official exam and wait for an interview invitation
The USPS hires on average 40 to 60k new positions every year. These positions are made up of Rural Mail Carriers, City Mail Carriers, Holiday Clerk Assistants, Window Clerks, Labor Custodians, Mail Handlers, and Mail Processing Clerks. Click on any of these to start the hiring process.