United States Postal Service: We’re Hiring!
Entry Level Positions
The average starting pay for entry level positions is $21 per hour.
USPS workers are an essential part of society responsible for delivering about 40% of America’s mail.
Since they are the second-largest employer in the United States jobs USPS jobs are highly sought.
The many benefits and excellent salary make USPS a great place to work.
We offer a variety of challenging and rewarding opportunities nationwide with over 2,000 job functions that provide room for growth and promotion.
The positions listed are recruited the most and so are the best opportunities for employment with USPS right now. Openings will continue to be announced on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- Accounting Positions
- City Carriers
- Information Technology (IT)
- Rural Carrier Associates
- Rural Carries
- Inspection Service
- Clerk Typist
- Sorting and handling
- Human Resources
- 18 years old at the time of appointment or 16 years old with a high school diploma
- United States citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other U.S. territory
- Recent employment history
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
- Residency requirement for background checks
- Safe driving record (if applicable to the position)
- Must be registered with Selective Service if applicable
- Register online and complete a short survey.
- Review the requirements listed on the job posting.
- Complete a live phone interview to assist locate the best position to meet your skills.
- Create a USPS account.
- Prepare for the postal entry level skill assessments.
- Take the official exam and wait for an interview invitation
The USPS hires on average 40 to 60k new positions every year. These positions are made up of Rural Mail Carriers, City Mail Carriers, Holiday Clerk Assistants, Window Clerks, Labor Custodians, Mail Handlers, and Mail Processing Clerks. Click on any of these to start the hiring process.
Average Annual Pay
Package Deliveries All Time High
Hired in 2021
Hired Last Year